Alpha's

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

blueboomerang
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Alpha's

Post#46 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Nevermore669 wrote:
The writers need to step it up. If they want to spend a lot of time setting things up, finding more alphas, setting clear dividing lines between good and bad (esp. defining where the government fits), they need to sandwich that in with actual interesting stories, so that the plots in each episode become multi-layered, and the set-up appears to be secondary until the main plotline is developed. [Okay, I'm no writer, and I don't actually know what I'm talking about, but I think you get the idea? NO MORE AIMLESS, UNI-DIMENSIONAL STORIES!]

I would like this series to succeed, but so far, it's just not doing it for me.

I tend to agree, Nevermore. I watch it, I don't love it, I don't hate it, I keep coming back, but I am worried the writing isn't strong or complex enough to keep carrying the storyline. The foundation is weak and was built too fast to support a very high tower, so to speak. But I will keep watching because I am hungry for almost ANY Sci-fi, and I am naively hopeful the writers will get their act together before it is to late (like what happened with SGU.) I like the characters. And for me, in these quirky entertainment times, I feel about Sci-fi shows like I feel about breathing--"Bad breath is better than no breath at all."

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#47 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:24 pm

I really don't see how anybody could say anything bad about this show's writing, especially after the last episode.

For a minute there, I thought Hicks really was the mole. The inclusion of a shape-shifting Alpha was a great twist.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#48 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:14 am

Kenny are you an episode behind. because that was last weeks. the finale was awesome.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#49 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:46 am

That was the last ep I watched. Haven't seen the finale yet.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#50 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:15 pm

One of the best ending to a season ive seen in awhile. Opens the show up a lot.

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#51 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:33 pm

finale was good for the overall story arc, nice final scenes!
i hope they keep that pace in the second season. =)
the "cops SU" shooting randomly through the smoke... meh. that was a bit dumb though.

arabianknight
meh

Post#52 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Starfox wrote:One of the best ending to a season ive seen in awhile. Opens the show up a lot.

I have to agree with you on that! The show has been getting better and better with each episode. The finale does open it up to many different possibilities. I wonder if they're gonna do kind of x-men thing with the story. I could see that within the context of "terrorism", thus grounding that plot theme in a more modern context. We'll see. Having seen the finale, I think the show has finally succeeded in making me excited for another season!

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#53 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Kenny did you watch the finale yet?

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#54 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Nope, will probably watch it tonight or tomorrow.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#55 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Man, this show just gets better and better. I wonder how long it will be before the team breaks away from the government, now that Rosen let the cat out of the bag?

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#56 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:58 pm

Yeah I have high hopes for this show, It does just seem to get better and better. Can't wait for next season, I just wish it would get more then 13 episodes.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#57 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Those dumb motherfuckers over at SyFy cancelled Alphas. That blows.

Now we'll never know why Gary was the only one left standing, or what exactly went wrong with Stanton Parish's plan.

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#58 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:08 am

Kenny_Tha_Killa wrote:Those dumb motherfuckers over at SyFy cancelled Alphas. That blows.

Xerxys wrote:I finally got around to watching Alphas. As soon as this show get's any kind of legs on it, it'll be pulled as fast as you can say "WWE"!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA .. HAHAHA ..HA ..ha .. huh?!! Ow. It only hurts when I breath.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#59 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:13 am

Time to nuke SyFy. Image

Return to “Critics Corner”