Alpha's

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Alpha's

Post#31 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:01 pm

Of course I acquiesce to the Dream Master. Thank you for the enlightenment. And thank God Me No Troll!

Baxisten
meh

Post#32 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:41 am

The say the doc is no alpha.. but steel I'm just waiting for hes ability ^^
Baxisten

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#33 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:50 pm

If anything it's Empathy...

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#34 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:33 pm

fatgirlstryhard wrote:...they'll keep it like SGU, which was the best of the franchise,
and fuck it in the ass when it gets their vibe goin'....

OMG! Did you really just say that SGU was the best part of the stargate franchise? Are you kidding me? It's not even close to SG1. I feel violated (angry)
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

blueboomerang
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#35 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:30 am

Bisc wrote:
fatgirlstryhard wrote:...they'll keep it like SGU, which was the best of the franchise,
and fuck it in the ass when it gets their vibe goin'....

OMG! Did you really just say that SGU was the best part of the stargate franchise? Are you kidding me? It's not even close to SG1. I feel violated (angry)

Yeah,even extreme SG loyalists can't say SGU was the best. It could have been. It had so much potential. There is no excuse for how bad the writing was. Sure it improved near the end. SG1 might have had some corny eps in the beginning and other times, but the writing was never as bad as it was for SGU.

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#36 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:23 pm

getting better with each episode... keeper!

Brent Spiner 'Guest Starring'!

zampaz
Sex Robot

Post#37 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:14 am

>>>>>>>OFF TOPIC WARNING - NOTICE THIS POST MAY BE OFF TOPIC<<<<<<<
"Hi, I'm here to apply for the SyFy writers position."
The receptionist regarded her with a cold eye and asked;
"Did you pass eighth grade science?"
Thinking she was joking Jane laughed and said; "Of course."
The SyFy receptionist pointed to the door and said;
"You're over qualified and we can't afford you."
Then feeling a bit bad for the young lady whispered;
"Since we re-branded we can't risk producing sci-fi instead of syfy,
the viewers might be confused, and management definitely would be."

>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>END OF TROLL WARNING<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
-z

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#38 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:42 pm

lol, zampaz love it. And I dont remeber where i posted it, but yeah real Scifi is basically dead, and i think it because sites like ice, but then agian i could be wrong. i mean Sgu got a lot of hits on ice, and looking at torrents, that are still active, I can only imagine, at least 200k or more people didn't watch the show through cable tv, but through the internet, also Syfy is now i higher up channel list now, so I know on a lot of cable providers its not part of basic anymore, the prob hurt it also,

Any way I love Alphas so far, but just like Eureka and other syfy shows, it will get canceled when it starts to get good because the actors will want more money. after the initial 5 year contract that syfy gives out. which is why Sga got cancled, they should of at least gave that show 2-5 more episodes to finish it out properly, instead of telling them halfway through the filming the season that its going to be the last. Also Sga best of the gate series, Rodney is prob my favorite character in the gate Universe. (He wasnt even supposed to be on the show, it was supposed to be a black scientist, and for was going to be white. you know got to keep the numbers even.)

Man i'm ranting, everyone enjoy up to 5 seasons of Alphas. and that is all. lata, hopefully tonights line up is good.

bro339
Overachiever

Post#39 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 am

did any of ya realise this?? for the lindsay wagner episode, they used the same town as was shown in warehouse 13 (the episode where fairytales comes to live aka episode 203)..haha..they must have ran out of ideas on where to film the show.. (chuckle)

i feel that there will be some colaboration with warehouse 13 somewhere in the future..lindsay wagner played the same character as she did in warehouse 13 and in that episode, there were some conversation regarding weirdness and lindsay wagner said smtg like "tell me bout it"..it was really funny... (highfive)

in terms of the characters, i like Nina..she is the hotty in the show and it is no wonder seeing her ability as being able to influence ppl (thru her hotness).. (y)

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#40 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:39 am

Looks like I'm the only naysayer around here. I'm REALLY disappointed. I think the show is going nowhere; the plots are aimlessly wandering, just like the characters; there's no story here, folks (yes, it's supposed to be a STORY).

The writers need to step it up. If they want to spend a lot of time setting things up, finding more alphas, setting clear dividing lines between good and bad (esp. defining where the government fits), they need to sandwich that in with actual interesting stories, so that the plots in each episode become multi-layered, and the set-up appears to be secondary until the main plotline is developed. [Okay, I'm no writer, and I don't actually know what I'm talking about, but I think you get the idea? NO MORE AIMLESS, UNI-DIMENSIONAL STORIES!]

I would like this series to succeed, but so far, it's just not doing it for me.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

tbutterw
code of Deez

Post#41 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:26 am

I agree with NM. I really enjoyed it the first few epsidoes (especially one's that featured Gary) but lately it's been on the bottom of my queue and almost a chore to watch it.
Tomorrow is the season finale and hopefully it'll leave us wanting more!

Xerxys
Sex Robot

Post#42 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:40 am

tbutterw wrote:I agree with NM. I really enjoyed it the first few epsidoes (especially one's that featured Gary) but lately it's been on the bottom of my queue and almost a chore to watch it.
Tomorrow is the season finale and hopefully it'll leave us wanting more!
WOW ... I haven't been watching it, I think I left off at episode four or something.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. - Steven Wright.

Please rate the last movie you saw!!

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#43 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:03 pm

Well you should definitely pick it back up, it's getting better and better. Last episode included a guest appearance from Brent Spiner, aka Data from Star Trek TNG.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#44 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Yeah i think though that they needed like 15 episode first season. 2 more episodes this season could really bring a lot out of this season, but i dont know what the last episode is going to be, so maybe 13 is just right.

bro339
Overachiever

Post#45 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:50 am

i dont mind having a 100 episode season as long as nina stays 'hot' as she is in the show.. *evil grin*

Return to “Critics Corner”