The best cancelled t.v shows

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Evilforce666
Average User

Re: The best cancelled t.v shows

Post#121 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:05 pm

conspiracy theory with jesse ventura episode 4 season 2

"The Police State" Banned from television
"If you make them Beleave they are not being Manipulated by US, thats when you have the Complete Domination of Them" -NWO

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#122 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 pm

No, it aired, they pulled the encore episodes. It's nothing more than a publicity stunt for more ratings.

Evilforce666
Average User

Post#123 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:35 pm

oh it did? i watch it online not on tv but it says that its banned i guess it was only publicity like u said... kenny
"If you make them Beleave they are not being Manipulated by US, thats when you have the Complete Domination of Them" -NWO

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#124 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Publicity with a touch of irony - a conspiracy theory about a show about conspiracy theories. lol

Evilforce666
Average User

Post#125 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:29 pm

haha... true they should make a new episode about the conspiracy theory behind the conspiracy theory shows... who runs who and what is what?

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#126 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:40 pm

It would make conspiracy theorist's heads explode. Image

Evilforce666
Average User

Post#127 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:21 pm

hahaha... yup... i have a question what should i do when this pops up?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2955_n.jpg
Last edited by fatgirlstryhard on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please don't double post your issues. thanks.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#128 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 am

Prolly not the right thread for that. You wanna go here.

mimikitty
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#129 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 am

Just Cause (2001-2003)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0324861/

I've been searching for this show since forever, but unfortunately, it's not anywhere. I watched it on tv before and was totally sad that it was cancelled. The theme song was "I'll survive" by Gloria Gaynor.

Reisen
meh

Post#130 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 pm

#1. Brimstone (I think it was on one person's list, I have to settle for SDTV rips from Youtube to watch it again)
#2 Dirk Gently (Brilliant, zany, entertaining spin on the detective genre, based on Douglas Adam's character. Only 3 episodes?! WTF!)
#3. Arrested Development (Coming to Netflix soon)
#4. Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies (Anything written by Bryan Fuller)
#5. Farscape (It went 88 episodes, but the only people who didn't want a 5th season was Sci-Fi network. 5 years of waiting for new webisodes)
Last edited by Reisen on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr_wrong_0
no0b

Post#131 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm

So here is my list:

Firefly -seriously should be on everyone's list-
Eureka
Flash Forward -I'll probably get flamed for this one but I think it was pretty well done.
Mob Doctor
Bored to death (HBO series- loved Ted Danson in that)
The Defenders
Men of a certain age
Panam
Playboy club
Revolution (is this canceled?)
The Riches
S#*! my dad says
Star Trek enterprise (haters gonna hate)
Partners (kind of a guilty pleasure)
Awake
Combat hospital

fmrivera00
meh

Post#132 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:31 am

Here is my list, it looks like many others...

Firefly - A must have for the serious Sci-Fi Nut.
Panam - I really liked it.
Star Trek enterprise - Was starting to get good.
Pushing Daiseys - loved this one, but was I alone.
Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles

feral_shade
Average User

Post#133 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:08 am

In addition to several of the ones mentioned above,

Heroes
First Wave
Upright Citizens Brigade
Sealab 2021
Spartacus
Sliders
X-Men (90's version)
Kekkaishi (Anime)
Inuyasha (Anime)
Highlander: The Raven
Angel
Caprica
Frisky Dingo
Transformers: Beast Machines and Prime
Teen Titans
Welcome to Paradox
VR5
Torchwood

There's probably a dozen others that I missed...but these ones definitely still had a lot of potential...or at least deserved a better wrap-up.

Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#134 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:46 am

Spartacus pretty much ran it's course. Not really sure how they could have kept it going without rewriting history.

feral_shade
Average User

Post#135 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:52 pm

I agree that its conclusion was definitive, and you're right, for centuries, it's been contested as to Spartacus's (and Crixus's) intentions after the main army split--so the show's writers would literally be declaring what's historically accurate (a critical failing of previous dramatizations of the 3rd Servile War).

That said though, while Gods of the Arena through Vengeance had, in my opinion a very natural balance between content and story pace...War of the Damned seemed a little rushed to me.

You have 2 seasons that cover 1 year (73 BC) ...and 1 season that covers 2 years (72-71 BC). and you really feel it too...with very brief transitions between key events and massive character changes occurring frequently.
Let's be honest, Crixus's army barely got any camera time...and that was a major plot shift. Also, in terms of story development, the last season emphasized the development of Spartacus and Crassus and the similarities of their respective personas...but the culmination of which, in the final battle, seemed anticlimactic. Likewise, with as much time as they spent substantiating Crassus and Caesar, and as little relative time they spent introducing Pompey, that element also begged for a little more fleshing out (perhaps a mini-arc (a la Gods of the Arena)...particularly when those 3 characters, and their subsequent seizure of the Republic, were arguably just as (if not moreso) influential and historically remarkable as Spartacus's legend itself.

Ultimately, if I were to do one thing to change that series, I would have added an extra season's worth of episodes: half covering the skirmishes after their escape from Glaber's troops at Mt. Vesuvius...half covering the final battle and the aftermath.

(Note: for those that haven't seen this show, I'd highly recommend it...it's from the makers of Hercules/Xena (Tapert/Raimi) ...and it's like they took that early, casual glimpse of Ancient Greco-Roman culture and injected it with a gallon of steroids, giving it a real grittiness. After a few weekends of binge-watching, I was racing online to learn more about the real historical events.)

Return to “Critics Corner”