Ladies and gentlemen, the new Superman....

Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Talk about TV shows and Movies and such. No requests.

dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new Superman....

Post#16 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:11 am

I agree as regards the need for a belt or red shorts , the suit just needs something to distract the eyes from ...how can I put this ..the bulge!!!
The muscles / body builder look , yeh I can see why they have done that as back when Chris Reeve first played Superman there were cries of him being too puny to play the part , so much so that he wore padding in the first movie and then he bulked up for the second movie,
I just hope this is a good well written movie, and coming from Nolan I'm keeping my fingers crossed ,I also hope Zack Snyder does a good job directing Nolans script !
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#17 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:47 pm

dalliance wrote:yeh I can see why they have done that as back when Chris Reeve first played Superman there were cries of him being too puny to play the part , so much so that he wore padding in the first movie and then he bulked up for the second movie

Hmmm, I'm not sure that's correct....

Superman Wiki wrote:Reeve was then hired to play the superhero. One problem cropped up immediately: Reeve's lack of musculature. Reeve steadfastly refused to wear a padded suit and undertook a strenuous exercise regimen under British bodybuilder David Prowse, who would soon become famous for playing the physical form of Darth Vader in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. By the time filming began in March, 1977, Reeve had bulked up his 6'4" frame considerably and looked the part of Superman.

dalliance
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#18 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:18 pm

I stand corrected ! old age does funny things to your memory lol
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#19 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:07 am

If I remember correctly, he was wearing a padded suit for the audition test screens he did for the movie. Don't hold me to that, though. ;)

DanShortt
meh

Post#20 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:58 pm

this looks cool, didnt know there was a new superman on the agenda, lets hope its better than super man returns! =] i think he looks like a gd superman, although i do think superman should be somewhat have a scary vibe, and he does not

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#21 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:07 pm

I guess I'm one of the people that didn't totally hate Superman Returns. Routh deserved another shot, in my opinion. And if not him, then Tom Welling. Actually, I would have picked Welling over Routh, because he's had ten years experience in the role.

DanShortt
meh

Post#22 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Tom welling would have been a good shout, i dont know much about smallville, but that would have to mean the end of the series if he was to take the big stage? and as far as i know its a pretty popular tv show at least here in the uk anyways so i dont think they would end it? but i think your right if they where to make a movie after this next installment it should be welling in the role

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#23 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:32 pm

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Smallville ended it's final season a few months ago. As far as I know, Welling's schedule has been wide open for some time.

DanShortt
meh

Post#24 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:03 pm

cant say im that upset but thanks for givin it to me gently lol def should have been him for the job then makes perfect sense :/

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#25 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Yeah, I'm guessing Zack Snyder didn't want people mistaking his movie for a Smallville movie, but I would have picked him anyway. He's got the right build, the right look, the right demeanor, and ten years experience. I hope someday he gets the chance to give it a shot.

DanShortt
meh

Post#26 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:32 pm

yeah id say he will when he gets older as superman characters generally look older, but i think they need someone more msyterious and abit darker for superman, prob like christian bale but batman stole him =]

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#27 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Well, I can't say I agree there... Supes is DC's #1 boy scout... truth, justice, the American way, and all that jazz. Definitely not a dark character... nor should he be.

And Welling's 34... it would be nice if they could get him into the cape and tights before he's 40. (y)

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#28 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Yeah I Im pretty sure Tom is trying to become not only superman. But who know. Actors who play superman dont normally have great careers other then being superman. I know I read an interview awhile back where he was worried he wouldn't have a career after smallvile. Dean kain syndrome.

Topic Author
Kenny_Tha_Killa
GOD

Post#29 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Yep, he's definitely been typecast, but he was in a couple of movies while still filming Smallville. Give it a few years, I'm sure he'll find work. In the meantime, I wouldn't mind seeing him play Supes at least a couple more times.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#30 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:41 pm

I agree I think he would be perfect. HE has the size the look, and he isnt a bad actor, an he directed a couple of SV episodes that were pretty good. I think though he is just taking a break for now. 10 years is a long time of top billing in a CW show. He is set for life considering the Syndication.

Return to “Critics Corner”