Rules to post links in the links section

Moderators: Rasa, trixie

Topic Author
Way
RedTek

Re: Rules to post links in the links section

Post#16 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:27 pm

So many changes with Hosts,Scripts,Seasons spring time cutting grass,fishing,sports,Ect...

I have just been waiting on things to calm down no need to spend hours of my time adding things just to see it be removed.
With the new script and hosts if things hold together and there are no more wrenches thrown in I will try to get back to checking/adding.
Just seems every time I try to do it one of the hosts change something or the script changes, and makes it harder to check the links. Don't get me wrong I know most of you Find good links and would never post BS, but some people will so we have to check until we feel safe with you.
That and we knew things were changing so we wanted to wait until things were sorted out, now that the admins have released the new script. We need to make sure the hosts don't change things and "knock on wood" we will be able to sort through the long list of stuff here.
Keep in mind that now more formats can be added so this opens up more options ;)

Don't worry as long as it is posted and stays alive it can be added Thanks to all that have took the time to search/look for links and post them.

jason2502
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#17 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:45 pm

ha ha ha ... love to help out ....

Sark
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#18 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:14 pm

Okay, so I think I've got the format figured out but what I'm still not sure about is, where to put what in the forum...

If I want to post a single episode from a TV show were do I put that?
In the TV or in the Series section?
Should I seperate a single episode into the TV-XVID and TV-x264/MKV sections if I want to post various releases for the same episode?
Until now I just put everything into the TV forum because I wasn't sure of where to put what and since nobody seems to be posting anything in the TV-XVID and TV-x264/MKV sections I sticked with that.
Wouldn't it make sense to create one topic for every show in every section were everyone puts all links in for that specific show? - That probably wouldn't work because of the host labeling though, right?

I also don't now what to do, if there's an episode that has allready been posted. Am I supposed to add my links to that topic? My problem there is that I often have links for different hosts than in the subject... (For example [SB] The Real Housewives Of Orange County S07E16 - I have 180 and GU links)

I hope that wasn't to confusing :roll:

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#19 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:29 pm

Not confusing.. or at least shouldn't be!

Single episodes of a series, One-offs like unaired pilots and documentaries, or special live events go in TV

Full seasons and entire show runs go in TV > Series

The TV > XVID section could be thought of as for VHSrips of shows or series that are not "good enough" (ie too grainy) for being on the main site, but would maybe be of interest to people.

The TV > MKV section is a holdover from when we were avi only...

I too, apologize. I just haven't had as much time as I'd like and need to go through the files you all are posting so they can be added to the main site.
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Sark
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#20 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Okay got it, thank you!
I guess the same thing goes for the movie section then?
Until now I posted everything in the Movies-x264/MKV section. The things I've posted actually were one of the two though. But from what I am asuming it is okay to just post straight into the Movie section in general. Is that right?

My post wasn't supposed to be some kind of rant btw. I really just wanted the information so that I would make your work easier. ;)

I'm genuinely happy for every single link of mine that does appear on the mainstite. I'm aware the staff here do have a life besides icefilms

trixie
Sex Robot

Post#21 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:53 am

The sections:

Series is for a complete season or series

XVID is for anything encoded with xvid/divx, and usually has the file extension .avi or .divx

x264 is for anything encoded with x264/h264, and usually has the file extension .mp4 or .mkv

Anything that does not obviously fit in the subsections can go in TV or Movies. So if you have a mix of xvid and x264 then you should note that in the subject, as well, you should label those links in the post.

The reason for this division is because many people have a clear preference for one or the other. Some people can only play xvid on their particular setup. Others only want the higher quality/lower file size that comes with x264.

And thank you Sark for asking :)

Sark
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#22 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Well explained! Thank you trixie (F)

Sark
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#23 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Hello! It's me again... (smirk)
Up until now I was posting movies with the release name in the subject but now I'm wondering if I actually shouldn't do that.
If I post links for a specific release and someone has links for the same movie and let's say in equal quality it doesn't make sense to add them to the same toppic because it's a different release. How should I continue? Maybe just put the basic release nfo in the subject? Like R5, DVDRip etc...?

Another thing... I know you are supposed to label post like [VH] for vidhog links and so on. Now whaaat :o if somebody posts different sources after me? Should I change the title?

Thank's in advance (heidy)

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#24 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Someone else's posts should really go in their thread.

Sark
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#25 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:49 pm

(laugh) and there I go babbling on about... (smirk)

Thanks gspat

iargue
Average User

Post#26 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:43 pm

I have a question.

When I am posting episodes that are not part of the season, what should I do?

For instance, I am uploading Doctor Who.

Doctor Who has special episodes outside of the regular season (1-2 each season). How should I label those for the person adding them to the site? On the site some of them show up as 01x00 or 02x00. Is that how I should label them? What about the ones that have 2 special episodes?

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#27 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Are you referring to the christmas specials?

We've always referred to the as such and give them a S0XE00 label

by S0X, I mean if Series 5 is finished and this is the christmas episode following it, it would be S06E00

Ilovemymac
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#28 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Good rules
Last edited by Ilovemymac on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#29 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:37 pm

You realize this thread is about rules for posting links? There are bunches of threads in other forums on file-hosts, download limits and such.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Return to “Series”