Getting download limits with Megaupload Premium account

Moderators: Rasa, trixie

Topic Author
BaderSanta
Average User

Getting download limits with Megaupload Premium account

Post#1 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:58 pm

:?: I have a paid Megaupload Premium account which should give me unlimited downloads. I still get "downloads exceeded" and this error message almost all the time "Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. Did you not get an activation e-mail and follow the validation link?"

Anyone else having the same problem? What is the fix? I'm a bit ticked that I paid for a premium account to avoid this and I'm still getting it.
Naughty but really a Nice Guy

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Lem
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Getting download limits with Megaupload Premium account

Post#2 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:31 pm

No idea bro. I think that when you download or watch via Ice, that your premium account doesn't come into play at all, unless you select the alternate download link when the player comes up and actually go to MegaUpload. But the way Ice proxies it, I've never seen any "usage exceeded" messages period. You may need an exorcist.
ImageImageImageImage

Topic Author
BaderSanta
Average User

Post#3 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:21 pm

That's exactly what I do, I use the Megaupload link, put in the capta, and off I go. It must be something on the ICE side as the download through Megaupload begins then is cut off and replaced by the download exceeded message on the ICE page.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#4 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:33 pm

BaderSanta wrote:"Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. Did you not get an activation e-mail and follow the validation link?"

i thought i cleared up this login denied error in the PM... I'll try to clarify

That login denied error is not from mega, it is from the ICE Mainsite. you should only see this error when you try to login (by clicking the blue flame) because we disabled all but the top 25 mainsite logins (read the front page article for details). this error shouldn't affect you watching vids. maybe try clicking the blue flame and logging out?

--------------

I don't know about mega premium accounts working with our site cuz i dont have one. the way the site works is our server grabs the download link from mega, and then you directly stream that download link from the mega server. there is nowhere in this process for mega to identify you as mega premium member.

furthermore the mega download limit for standard users is very high. I have spent entire days streaming vids and i've never hit the limit. can you screenshot the error message you are seeing from mega?
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Topic Author
BaderSanta
Average User

Post#5 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:52 pm

abemore wrote:
BaderSanta wrote:"Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. Did you not get an activation e-mail and follow the validation link?"

i thought i cleared up this login denied error in the PM... I'll try to clarify

That login denied error is not from mega, it is from the ICE Mainsite. you should only see this error when you try to login (by clicking the blue flame) because we disabled all but the top 25 mainsite logins (read the front page article for details). this error shouldn't affect you watching vids. maybe try clicking the blue flame and logging out?

--------------

I don't know about mega premium accounts working with our site cuz i dont have one. the way the site works is our server grabs the download link from mega, and then you directly stream that download link from the mega server. there is nowhere in this process for mega to identify you as mega premium member.

furthermore the mega download limit for standard users is very high. I have spent entire days streaming vids and i've never hit the limit. can you screenshot the error message you are seeing from mega?

First of all I am NOT trying to log in to the ICE web site. Have no reason to do so. I also find it interesting that when I reach the "download" limit, an ad for Megaupload premium is displayed. So there seems to be a tie in somewhere.

And yes, you did clear up the login issue in the PM. Take a chill on that one and lighten up. Having an attitude with new members is not the way to gain more new members.

I like the site but am beginning to feel ripped off for the mega premium membership when it is not what it claims to be although this site took me there in the first place.

Sorry to have bothered you abemore in the first place. Just trying to find out why what I paid for isn't doing what it is supposed to do. And don't tell me ICE and Mega have nothing in common, where you enter the captua is a combined ICE/Mega graphic. I may be retired, but not stupid.

Rasa
Insomniac

Post#6 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Bader..Abe is the one who knows all baout the nitty gritty details and probably the most knowledgable of all staff here in the site....He is not being hard on anyone...especially not you!.I dont see how you are finding any anger or rudeness or anything so in his manner of writing or anything towrds you..

And .lol.. megaupload and ice are totally different entitiies..we arent affilliated with them in any way..so of course they have nothing in common.. the graphic has nothing to do with it!..lol..yes .i guess its tru u arent stupid! :P

Topic Author
BaderSanta
Average User

Post#7 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:01 am

Rasa wrote:Bader..Abe is the one who knows all baout the nitty gritty details and probably the most knowledgable of all staff here in the site....He is not being hard on anyone...especially not you!.I dont see how you are finding any anger or rudeness or anything so in his manner of writing or anything towrds you..

And .lol.. megaupload and ice are totally different entitiies..we arent affilliated with them in any way..so of course they have nothing in common.. the graphic has nothing to do with it!..lol..yes .i guess its tru u arent stupid! :P

Well taken. My apologies abe. Chalk it up to me be retired, disabled and bipolar with nothing to do all day but watch movies.
Last edited by BaderSanta on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#8 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:09 pm

ok, click the blue flame on the front page and uncheck the "remember me" box. that should get rid of at least one error message for you.

i still have no idea why you get download limit exceeded from mega. i'd still like to see a screenshot of that.

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Topic Author
BaderSanta
Average User

Post#9 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:39 am

abemore wrote:ok, click the blue flame on the front page and uncheck the "remember me" box. that should get rid of at least one error message for you.

i still have no idea why you get download limit exceeded from mega. i'd still like to see a screenshot of that.

I checked and made sure it was not checked. I'll take some screen shots and send them your way when I encounter some of the other problems.

Thanks and my apologies. Guess that's why I'm called "BaderSanta". :mrgreen:

froggy
Overachiever

Post#10 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:19 am

santa, you really were getting on my nerves talking to Abe like that. I don't have premium and I never have a download limit. Why don't you take some time to figure shit out before you start bashing people who are trying to explain shit to you.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#11 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:37 pm

its cool, apologies make things all better.

Topic Author
BaderSanta
Average User

Post#12 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:27 am

froggy wrote:santa, you really were getting on my nerves talking to Abe like that. I don't have premium and I never have a download limit. Why don't you take some time to figure shit out before you start bashing people who are trying to explain shit to you.

Froggy you are right and I do apologize to you and all others who put up with my ill manners. I am recently totally disabled and my computer and the internet are my companions during the day, and right now I still get frsutrated easily. Give me another chance and I'll prove to be a valued member of the site.

Topic Author
BaderSanta
Average User

Post#13 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:35 am

abemore wrote:its cool, apologies make things all better.

Well abe now I feel like a total ass. I use FireFox and this morning it started to freeze up about a minute into each session. Anyway, when I first when to ICE the login error message was there. After FireFox frooze for the umptenth time I switched to IE. Guess what, no login error message. :red:

Before becoming disabled I was a Senior Software Architect and Developer specializing in Internet Security (ok, that and 50 cents gets you a cup of coffee). To the point, I offer the suggestion that you may have a javascript error due to using javascript attributes recognized by IE but not FireFox. There are common attributes that work with both and if I can be of any assistance just ask.

Maybe I should have chose a better screen name :roll:

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#14 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:56 pm

sounds like cookies to me.

delete ur FF cookies.

Return to “Series”