Is there a temp workaround for xbmc apple tv

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
Bb777
no0b

Is there a temp workaround for xbmc apple tv

Post#1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:20 pm

With watching icefilms on a computer, it isn't too hard to use a temporary work around. Does anyone know of one for for the icefilms plugin on apple tv through xbmc? Id also like to say thanks to everyone who put in all the time and hard work to make icefilms so great, I'm a big fan and hope to be for quite some time.

jordan0269
no0b

Re: Is there a temp workaround for xbmc apple tv

Post#2 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Try this link, read the whole post/replies. Worked for me! (atv2 jailbroken with seasonpass)
http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=87337

Topic Author
Bb777
no0b

Post#3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:01 am

Thanks, I will check it out tomorrow.

Topic Author
Bb777
no0b

Post#4 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:50 am

So I started thinking about it and had to mess with it. I tried the first fix which was just the default.py file and adding the .bk just to keep track of what I was doing but had no luck. I then went and modified the name back to default.py but it still didn't work. However, I download the who folder and replaced it with the megaupload file bigorangekitty left at 6:15 and it worked like a champ. Thanks for the help.

symon12
no0b

Post#5 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:31 am

hey guys...

If you are getting the script error on the icefilms repo try the below

did some research on this and played around with editing the default.py and metahandlers.py files and managed to get it working... was actually quite simple.. just changed all refs in the files to point to the new website.. anyway i have uploaded the files you need to replace http://www.2shared.com/file/hMTOU6uR/xbmc.html

you then need to ftp in your atv and replace the files "default.py" and "metahandlers.py" these are located:

default.py: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.icefilms

metahandlers: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.icefilms/metautils

take a copy of these files for when icefilms is moved back to the main domain..

cheers

Symon

Return to “ATV”