Ice Quick Stream always out of date

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
sleeper52
meh

Ice Quick Stream always out of date

Post#1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:07 am

Hi,

I've always had this problem with the Ice Quick Stream Update popup - it always tells me that i'm out of date.
It does this even though I have the latest version (currently 5.4) installed. Aside from this, I'm have no problems with the site.

Can anyone solve this? It's a minor inconvenience but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Thanks.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Ice Quick Stream always out of date

Post#2 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:28 am

Are you speaking of the mainsite message? It is not a pop-up, but a permanent fixture as to ensure people are up to date. Along that line...if you are out of date, only your browser will prompt a message(I think). At what point do you get the "pop-up"?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
sleeper52
meh

Post#3 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:33 am

Yes it is a popup that says "you version of Ice Quick Stream is out of date (4.9) pls update to 5.4 yada yada... "
i always get the popup whenever i click a video i want to watch. I don't get the popup on the main page though just the page of where the video links are located.

Topic Author
sleeper52
meh

Post#4 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:39 am

I took a snapshot of the popup here:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u189 ... efilms.png

Again, I have the latest 5.4 version.
I've had this problem for a while even on previous versions. It's only now that i felt like reporting it lolz.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#5 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:42 am

Remove your current Iqs and Greasemonkey. run a registry cleaner such as "ccleaner". re-install greasemonkey and IQS. Hope that does it ;) .
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
sleeper52
meh

Post#6 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:48 am

thx will do this and get back to u.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#7 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:54 am

Just saw your image post after responding. Uninstall/reinstall as I said, did it work?

1)Do you use any sort of blocking?(Adblock,etc..) If so, block the message or frame and
see what happens.

Topic Author
sleeper52
meh

Post#8 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:58 am

Repdaddy wrote:Just saw your image post after responding. Uninstall/reinstall as I said, did it work?

1)Do you use any sort of blocking?(Adblock,etc..) If so, block the message or frame and
see what happens.

Did the uninstall>registry clean> install bit and it worked.

thanks man =]

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#9 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:26 am

(y) yuppers.

Return to “IQS”