adBrite Cease Operations

Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me... Serious topics that have nothing to do with icefilms go here too.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Forum rules
Anything goes here... you silly, silly people. That is, anything goes unless its On Topic.... if that makes sense.... i dunno... i confuse me...

oh also no advertising or Banned...

Topic Author
smokinrobocop
Average User

adBrite Cease Operations

Post#1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:51 pm

If anyone else here uses adBrite (like icefilms does) probably already saw the email:

Dear adBrite Publisher,

Over the last few weeks, adBrite and its management have been evaluating the go-forward plan for the business. Given market conditions and certain financial liabilities, in working with our lenders, we have decided to cease operations on Feb 1, 2013.

This is a difficult decision for all of us at adBrite. However, after much deliberation this seems to be the best course of action despite the impact it will have on all the employees, clients and partners who helped build this business. There will be a team in place as needed to assist with winding down.
Thank you for being part of the adBrite community.

The adBrite Team

---------

Any thoughts on why and what to use that is similar?

Let the discussions begin

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Re: adBrite Cease Operations

Post#2 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 pm

any tips on a good alternative ad network?
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#3 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:37 pm

I thought adbrite was a payment type business similar to Paypal??..Hmmm...I have no clue now...If they're an ad business then shouldn't the pop up cease?...though I don't get them anyway with blocker.

...and yes before anyone says to "google" it, I will, just typing my reply at the moment.

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#4 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Awwww...an online ad exchange business http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_exchange

Topic Author
smokinrobocop
Average User

Post#5 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 am

@abe yes that's what I wanted to know

@megcak555 I guess you wouldn't know unless you ran a website, I also use adblock and don't see them but I have my own hobby website and run some ads but it's not nearly as popular as ice :)

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#6 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:10 pm

smokinrobocop wrote:@abe yes that's what I wanted to know

@megcak555 I guess you wouldn't know unless you ran a website, I also use adblock and don't see them but I have my own hobby website and run some ads but it's not nearly as popular as ice :)

:o :o Yeah you don't know me mate...Had a few...never needed to run ads for $$...why??? unless you don't actually own the platform...such as in the case here with Ice and I guess yours...

Nways..I guess we're seeing the change already...Thanks Ice..keep it up... :D

Oh..I did have VIDEOEXPANSION in the past till shut down and it was ad supplied but not adbrite....mehh number 3 out of 27million active sites...similar to this platform style/layout being a "borrowed" platform... :D

Topic Author
smokinrobocop
Average User

Post#7 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:15 pm

maybe you had a different business model in your website. sorry to assume that you didn't run websites.
cheers

Return to “Off Topic”