It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:37 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: What's happened to Ice Films?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:23 pm 
meh

Let me start by saying that I've been a long time fan of Ice Films. It's been my "go-to" site for movies for some time now, and I have always praised the site, and recommended it to friends.

In the last few weeks or so, I feel there has been a change in the movie and tv selections.

I first noticed a significant increase in the number of B grade movie submissions the first few weeks, followed by a definite increase in large "groups" of television episodes.

I also noticed that I hadn't seen the "leading edge" movies that have always been offered in the past. (ex. Robin Hood, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Despicable Me, Salt, etc...)

Perhaps this recent change in the submission quality has something to do with the recent movie site busts (Ninja, Pirate City, etc...)

Has anyone else noticed this trend? Could someone explain if there has been some change in the Ice Film submissions, or Ice Film policy. Any info would be appreciated.

Al Campagna

Post subject: Re: What's happened to Ice Films?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:55 pm 
AbeZ Apostle

Where we have always, and always will, differ from other sites in that we will not post Movies, or TV for that matter, that are not of a high DIVX/DVDRip quality. Because of this you will wait as long as it takes in order to get great quality. If you want to spoil these (sometimes) great films like Inception with shoddy cams then there are a million other sites for you to freely visit. But if you want to know what you are about to watch is of the highest quality on-line then you come here.

As for the recent uploads, TV shows get added to our library when ever they come available. The more the merrier. If you don't like what's been recently offered I'm sure there's something there for you. A perceived lack of quality is something you should be writing to TV studios about not us (that's not to say your post is not welcome, it is, but you get my point). The same goes for Movies. If it's shit, it's not our fault.

Lastly, it has nothing to do with recent events.

Leviticus 24: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:23 pm 
meh

ProjectGilda,
Apologies if you thought my comments were derogatory.
They were not intended to be.

And yes... I agree... when something does become available on Ice Films, the quality is always very good.

I was only wondering if recent legal events might be contributory to what I "perceived" as a slowing down in "first run" movie submissions. Your response addressed that issue.

Thanks for your quick reply,
Al Campagna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:54 am 
Out of work journalist

in a indirectly you might say yes.... you put up a first run movie time after time (like Avatar)... the Eye of Mordor starts to take notice...

B movies don't have as much of an effect... but, the link hunters will still do their jobs and post the best quality of whatever films they find...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:44 am 
Heart on for IceFlims

macxtc wrote:
the Eye of Mordor starts to take notice...

:lol: gave me me a little chuckle

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]