It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: How to stream icefilms on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:12 am 
no0b

I am really excited, I just figured this out and figured I NEEDED to share this with the community. I only own an iPad but I am sure that this would work on any of your iDevices, however I can only confirm the iPad. Maybe someone with the other iDevices can confirm it is working for ones other than the iPad. On to the tutorial!

Step 1: Download oPlayer on iPhone or iPod Touch or oPlayer HD on the iPad. It currently cost 4.99 and is well worth it, although there are ways to get it free but I would recommend paying for it :)

Step 2: Open oPlayer and tap the "Web Browser" icon. Type in the address "www.icefilms.info" and find the TV show or Movie you want watch.

Step 3: Once you're at the source page, click on a megaupload source (I have not confirmed that 2shared works). At the next page that says you do not have the script installed click on the link that says go to "www.megaupload.com/xxx".

Step 4: At megaupload wait for the countdown to reach zero and click the "Regular Download" link. A box will pop up that has two options "Download file" or "Watch File" Click on "Watch File". The movie or tv show will then open and begin downloading while you watch, just as if you were watching them on icefilms in the DIVX web player.

Please let me know how this works for you! I can only confirm that it works well on wifi as my iPad is wifi only. I would love to know how well this works on other iDevices. I know this isnt exactly icefilms streaming but it works really well for me.

Post subject: Re: How to stream icefilms on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:24 pm 
no0b

This would be amazing if it would work consistently. I was able to get it to work on my jailbroken iPhone 4 (iOS 4.0.1) last night and on my iPad (iOS 4.2.1). This morning when I tried again neither was able to work successfully. Clicking the "Play Video" button does not work. Is it possible Megavideo blocked this functionality?

edit: I have been able to get it to work again! I discovered that I had changed the setting for "use quicktime" to "on". For some reason this makes the videos not play. As a side note, the reason I was trying this is because I was hoping that if it played using quicktime I could use AirPlay via AirVideoEnabler to send the video to an AppleTV (which I do not own at the moment, but would quickly purchase if this were possible).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:38 pm 
no0b

Seems to work for some videos, (worked fine with HIMYM) but some videos have no audio.

Specific videos i tried

1. Band of Brothers ep 4 (4th link, yet to try he rest)
2. Superntural pilot (only tried 1 link, was testing if it was just the first video)
3. Big Bang Theory ( testing if length of video contributed to audio problem -longshot- it didnt)

Edit::

(have been able to find links in the list that have working audio)

//great find OP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 am 
no0b

Just tried this on my ipod touch 4th generation. Works great! Only tried one link so far, but I'll update if I run into any problems.

AND! I'm using OPlayer Lite - it's the FREE version. Has ads on top of the video player but I can easily ignore it. Also I checked the OPlayer App, I think it's been decreased to $2 something.

Thanks so much! Been dying to use icefilms on my ipod touch.

Update: so the ads are a bit annoying especially when it's a white background but I can still deal with it. It's been working just fine for me, both streaming and downloading

Post subject: Re: How to stream icefilms on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and i
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:53 pm 
meh

I'm beyond pleased to have IceFilms on my ipad, but it took a few players to find out which one would be the one for me.

Yxplayer was very choppy, audio was fine, but the video played with a very low framerate. Moving on... Oplayer was good, but I found the vid playback to be a tad choppy. I've now gone for Buzzplayer which streams flawlessly... only a bit annoying when you scrub throughg a video and it takes a few seconds for the sound to catch up with the picture.

Oh, did I mention it does video out too?

Hurrah.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:29 pm 
meh

BuzzPlayer does NOT work. I just tried it, waste of $2. The oPlayer does work, however. :D

@HSKeyboardist if I'm missing something please let me know, but it said invalid link on the videos I tried.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:57 pm 
no0b

AznVamp wrote:
BuzzPlayer does NOT work. I just tried it, waste of $2. The oPlayer does work, however. :D

BuzzPlayer is working for me the best ( I am currently streaming The Hangover in HD with no problems whatsoever.) They all have trouble loading some videos hosted on MegaVideo, but BuzzPlayer is great!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:05 pm 
meh

Duchampagne wrote:
AznVamp wrote:

BuzzPlayer is working for me the best ( I am currently streaming The Hangover in HD with no problems whatsoever.) They all have trouble loading some videos hosted on MegaVideo, but BuzzPlayer is great!

Odd, Hangover didn't work for me earlier, but it works on BuzzPlayer now. lol. However, some videos I could not stream using BuzzPlayer, I could using oPlayer.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:37 pm 
no0b

I am completely baffled and kind of frustrated right now. I have done everything the OP said to do to watch movies and tv on my ipad through icefilms and it isn't working for me. I am curious how so many other people are figuring it out. I added the Oplayer application...like it said. I went to web browser, typed in icefilms.info. I clicked on source 1 to my tv show. It shows the streaming script page with the two options. I tap on the proceed to megaupload.com. It does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It won't go to that page or anything. Just sits there. It doesn't even show that it's loading. Below the link, it says divx player not detected. Must install to stream video but obviously, you can't do that cause on my ipad...it always says it can't download anything. So what do I do? Please HELP! I really want to be able to enjoy watching my favorite shows on icefilms but I can't get success on my ipad or my desktop for one reason or another!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:25 pm 
meh

mommaof2angels wrote:
I am completely baffled and kind of frustrated right now. I have done everything the OP said to do to watch movies and tv on my ipad through icefilms and it isn't working for me. I am curious how so many other people are figuring it out. I added the Oplayer application...like it said. I went to web browser, typed in icefilms.info. I clicked on source 1 to my tv show. It shows the streaming script page with the two options. I tap on the proceed to megaupload.com. It does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It won't go to that page or anything. Just sits there. It doesn't even show that it's loading. Below the link, it says divx player not detected. Must install to stream video but obviously, you can't do that cause on my ipad...it always says it can't download anything. So what do I do? Please HELP! I really want to be able to enjoy watching my favorite shows on icefilms but I can't get success on my ipad or my desktop for one reason or another!

You are using the web browser INSIDE of oPlayer correct? Try double tapping to zoom, then click on the link.

Should lead you to the download page and all you do is wait for the countdown timer, click download, but hit "Play the file" instead.

You can also try refreshing the page (bottom right).
:D

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:56 am 
no0b

Yes, I am using the web browser inside the player. I just tried what you suggested with double tapping to zoom and tried tapping the megaupload link and it's still not doing anything. I even tried refreshing the page. It's doing it on every source, every tv show I want to watch. Any other suggestions?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:59 am 
no0b

mommaof2angels wrote:
Yes, I am using the web browser inside the player. I just tried what you suggested with double tapping to zoom and tried tapping the megaupload link and it's still not doing anything. I even tried refreshing the page. It's doing it on every source, every tv show I want to watch. Any other suggestions?

Just to make sure...you're using OPlayer HD correct? Not just OPlayer? It says on the original post that you have to use OPlayer HD on an iPad vs. just OPlayer on an Ipod Touch/iPhone.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:45 pm 
no0b

Yes it is Oplayer HD. But it is the lite or free version so I don't know if that has something to do with it. All I keep getting though is that the divx player must be installed. So I don't know what else to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:25 pm 
meh

Hi. I just downloaded the lite version of player to see if it worked and it works great. I tried it on HIMYM. There is one difference from what the op said and that only applies if you have a premium acct. If you do, you have to use the premium download button to get the the download options. I tried using the links on the upper right hand side and all I got was a blank screen.
Using the premium button worked great.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:19 am 
no0b

Hi, thanx be to all who have given inputs and insights on this topic. I have tried them all with no luck so far and need help.

Background: Using an IPOD Touch, purchased the Oplayer thru the app store ( only saw two options oplayer or oplayer lite no mention of an HD version)

I followed all the steps and got all the way to the "regular download" on megaupload website selected the "watch/play now" option and .......nothing happens even waiting upwards of 20mins ( have tried both quicktime on/off options also)

Also tried the "download" instead of watch, managed to get a tv show onto my Itouch but was unable to play it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions of helpfull ideas for me

Thanx

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next