It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Forum rules

For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Icefilms is redirecting me to megavideo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:26 am 
no0b

when i click on a source on any file, it takes me to a page from megavideo where i can either view on megavideo or not watch it at all. It also gives me stat information on how much more i can watch when i upgrade to a premium account on megavideo if that has any relevance. the only reason this is a problem is because there is a strict 72 minute view time on megavideo and it's unnecessary to have to wait 30 minutes, am i right?

anyone know whats going on/ how to fix this?

Post subject: Re: Icefilms is redirecting me to megavideo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:30 am 
Overachiever

are you sure you are pressing the play button after you select a source? don't click the "watch in flash" button cus that is what takes you to the megavideo portion (handy for people who run into the download limit on MU)

The things that go bump in the night are nothing compared to the things that walk the streets in the middle of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:54 pm 
no0b

I've had the same issue for over a month now. As soon as I click a link, the space where the video normally appears shows a page from MegaUpload as if I was trying to download the source. I don't have the usual options to either play or download the video. I am still logged in on MegaUpload under my username but I haven't been able to play a single video ever since I first had that issue, and IceFilms had always worked out perfectly beforehand.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:34 pm 
Obsessively Addicted

Hi OutlawRepresent and Annie417,

Welcome!

This applies to you both:

There is a problem with your iqs script. If you are using firefox, go to help, troubleshooting info., open containing folder, then find the gm scripts folder, open it and delete the script inside. Clear all cookies and browser cache by selecting the clear recent history function. Be sure all applicable entries are checked (under the details tab), and be sure to select "all" at the top. Restart your browser. Install the latest iqs script from the link on the main page. When you attempt to load a video (after you've clicked a link), make sure the greasemonkey icon is highlighted, and right-click to ensure the iqs script is selected and active.

Doing this should fix you up.

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:44 pm 
no0b

Thanks a bunch, pal! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:20 pm 
no0b

Terrific!

Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:27 pm 
Obsessively Addicted

You bet!

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:42 pm 
no0b

Having the same problem but I am using chrome on a mac. It just started happening last night. Is the fix relatively the same? clear cache and re download script?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:40 am 
Obsessively Addicted

Hi teamarson,

It should be exactly the same...did you try it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:13 pm 
no0b

Not yet, I've never deleted the cache for chrome and would rather not if I don't have too cause I am lazy and like not having to type a full URL into the address bar :) I just downloaded the script for firefox while I was waiting on a reply to this thread, and it's working using that. Seems like it worked a little better with chrome tho so I will probably clear the cache and re download script eventually, I'll report back here if it fixes it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:10 am 
Obsessively Addicted

If you do decide to try to fix chrome, you'll have to google the location of the GM script folder - I understand it has a very strange filename.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:08 am 
no0b

So I finally got around to doing this, deleted the cache, and uninstalled the script and everything is working again. other then getting a download limit exceeded message from mega upload. but i noticed this happens if i start downloading something then cancel and try and download something else. Either way it was a quick fix from the mega upload redirect problem. I'm not sure if I deleted the GM script or not tho? In chrome I went to window/extensions then uninstalled the script and then reinstalled and it and it worked.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:06 am 
Obsessively Addicted

Well, as long as it worked...:D

The next time you have to cancel your stream, try clicking on the account button before closing the tab. I've been doing that and I've not gotten the "you're still downloading..." message in a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:53 am 
no0b

Thanks for the instructions, NeverMore669. It worked perfectly! Cheers!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]