It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Forum rules

For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Vidhog
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:22 pm 
meh

Please stop uploading files to vidhog, this site is ridiculously bad.

I wish I could get a refund on my rapidshare account, since I have a month left on it, and no one is uploading at all to it any longer, especially since most of these new upload sites are so frustrating. I know it's a trial and error process but I certainly do miss megaupload ;(

Post subject: Re: Vidhog
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:26 pm 
meh

I second that :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 pm 
Average User

VIDHOG, links are no good, system just times out.... need to stop posting them....

Rapid share is no megavideo... but better than vidhog or 180......

Please go back to Rapid Share.

I don't want to sound ungreatful,,,,, this is a great site, thank for all your hard work!

!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:44 pm 
meh

vidhog has its moments but for what its worth im streaming the new archer and its going fine on vidhog. MP4 vids right have to be fully downloaded as per the note on the main page.

Now rapidshare on the other hand. is currently streaming at a whopping 138 kb/sec.. hell I paid for rapidshare... and i get hour plus for an episode of stargate sg 1?

Vidhog to spite complaints may be a viable option. just my two cents.

i think i need to go back to stealing cable lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:52 pm 
meh

not sure why your downloads are so slow on rapidshare with a pro account. I have a pro account and a 26 meg connection at home and can download a movie in 15 minutes.

I'm not able to download or stream anything from vidhog. It doesn't even get to the point of being able to choose anything, the page times out before even loading a single thing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:58 pm 
no0b

takes a few minutes to load the page and for the player to get up, but thats worth waiting for when it streaming like megaupload used to, streaming awake ep 3 right now at... well, when im posting this, if there is less traffic at this time. Imo, it is working great.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:17 am 
Heart on for IceFlims

Vidhog and other new hosts are working fine.Sometimes they are down but that is the point having multiple sources.Only issue are those unstreamable MP4 files on UploadOrb but they can be downloaded with RealPlayer Downloader or Flashgot extension.There is also utility called Video Cache View by Nirsoft which makes easy to save video files.It should work for all major browsers but in my case it works for Chrome and IE 9.I wish to say to all in Icefilms team-Great Job.My English sucks-I am from Croatia.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:25 pm 
Heart on for IceFlims

180Upload works fantastic, i can get 1000KB/S all the time on that, but Vidhog.com wont even load, the sites crap.

Sharebees is getting timeouts too, UploadOrb works but havent tested it yet for streaming.

180Upload has been the best so far.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:10 pm 
Sex Robot

There is no spectacular solution right now. Megaup is gone. no single host can replace that. Icefilms is not to blame. Ice is still serving this community better than any other site is. Anybody that can lay out a viable, well thought out solution to any technical aspects of how to make it better will surely be heard. Keep in mind you should KNOW how linking, streaming, hosting, scripting, scene rules, and on and on works. And don't forget the security issues. Or the legal issues. Make sure you read all the posts that already exist about what you want to propose. Any ideas? This post is not directed at anybody in particular, btw.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01 am 
Heart on for IceFlims

VidHog's working pretty well for me right now. It's not blindingly fast, but I'm getting simultaneous downloads for a combined speed of about 350ish KB/s. They're likely struggling under the load we're putting on them, and hopefully they'll get that sorted out soon. I know I've seen some pretty terrible speeds in the past, but overall, I'd say it's not bad.
If people stopped uploading to a locker when anyone had a tiny issue, there wouldn't be any lockers worth uploading to. Geezem, pessimists much?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:36 pm 
no0b

I got frustrated enough at vid hogs slow streaming bought 2 month premium and now I dont wait 30 seconds for the video to stream at the same worthless speed. Its not watchable

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:39 pm 
Heart on for IceFlims

mssarahcons wrote:
I got frustrated enough at vid hogs slow streaming bought 2 month premium and now I dont wait 30 seconds for the video to stream at the same worthless speed. Its not watchable

Not sure I understand your post. Are you getting decent speeds with the premium account?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:10 pm 
meh

I think that part of the problem with these smaller sites, such as Vidhog and 1800upload, is that they don't have many servers and as soon as more and more uploaders use their site, they become bogged down. I'd love to see a post that explains the finances of cyberlockers or cloud providers.

I'm guessing that a single server costs around $125-$175/month and provides speeds of 100 mbps to 1 Gbps but I'm sure that discounts are given to companies that purchase (or rent) hundreds of servers. But for a company that's just starting out, they probably only have 5-10 servers. If they have 10 servers that provide speeds of 100 mbps each and they cap user download speeds at 400kbps then 212 users can simultaneously download files from their servers at the max speed of 400kb/s.

Unless my numbers are wrong, a server with those specs wouldn't be able to handle the kind of traffic IceFilms would drive to it if it becomes regularly used by uploaders. MegaUpload was awesome but it worked only because they were very profitable and could afford to rent hundreds of servers. It'll be hard to find a replacement but if these new cyberlockers are able to stick around they'll gradually be able to afford to rent more servers.

By the way, if someone could provide better costing and realistic server speeds I'd appreciate it. It would be nice to learn more about how much it would cost to setup a cyberlocker.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:50 pm 
Sex Robot

Are you a potential investor, or an inquisitor? Not for Icefilms, per se, but as an available financier for a host site?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:15 pm 
meh

I'm just curious. Personally, although I'm a big fan of IceFilms, I prefer BitTorrent so if I were to start a file hosting or file sharing type Website, it would most likely be a torrent site. I ran a very small tracker a few years ago, mostly just to see what was involved. But I find cyberlockers interesting and I was just wondering exactly what would be required to sustain thousands of visitors. Even if someone answered all of my questions I still wouldn't have the technical knowledge required to develop such a Website/service.

If you know the answers then why not share the knowledge? Even though I don't intend to financially support such a Website maybe someone else will come around and decide to give it a go. Or perhaps they'll become involved some other way.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next