A few nood issues-ATV1 XBMC

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
MisterE
no0b

A few nood issues-ATV1 XBMC

Post#1 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:04 pm

I've recently installed icefilms onto my PC and gen 1 Apple TV running XBMC. At the moment I am having problems streaming live on both. Note downloading for later viewing seems to work fine. Here's what happens when I try to stream.

On the PC it does th 45 second countdown and then sits with a message saying streaming indefinitely (15 minutes so far). On the Apple TV it does the 45 second countdown then comes up with the message saying that the movie is about to start playing for a second or so and then nothing. It just goes back to the previous screen.

Can anyone provide some suggestions on what's happening here?

While I have peoples attention. I'd like to change the download directory on the apple tv. How do I go about doing this?

regards,
Michael.
Last edited by Nevermore669 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added to topic

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: A few nood issues-ATV1 XBMC

Post#2 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi MisterE,

If your pc is not also using xbmc, then the first thing you should try is clear your caches:

Whenever anything goes wrong, the first thing you should do is clear your caches and delete all your cookies:

Clear all cookies and browser cache (in Firefox) by selecting the clear recent history function. Be sure all applicable entries are checked (under the details tab), and be sure to select "everything" at the top. Then clear your divx download cache (right-click in player window, select preferences, download cache, and clear it). Restart your browser.

Please interpret the instructions for your browser (if it's not firefox). In chrome it's called clearing "all saved data." Try hitting [ctl,shift,del] then clearing EVERYTHING. The instructions for the divx webplayer are the same.

Note: Recently it appears someone had some issues because of the installation of persistent flash cookies (LSOs) on their machine. To remove them I recommend you get a browser addon for that purpose. For firefox, try Click&Clean, or Better Privacy - be sure to configure after installation. For chrome there's a Click&Clean addon, too.

If that was not enough to fix your issue, try this (but first, check your browser plugins and make sure you don't have the vlc plugin installed and enabled):

Follow the instructions in this tutorial. Make sure you remove any codec packs you may have, as well as desktop versions of divx, (you can reinstall them later if you want) and pay particular attention to the registry cleaning part.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “ATV”